Memory 16MB, 1460-4C
Memory 16MB, 1460-4C
MEG MEMORY BOARDS
Things to know before buying Fadal Meg Memory
It is important to have an appropriate set up of boards in your machine in order to expand your memory, and if you do then it will be a drop-in easy installation.
With Fadal's development of the 1400-5C CPU’s came expanded meg memory boards. Previously, the maximum capacity of added memory was 384k.
With the 1400-5C CPU, 4 meg, 8 meg, or 16 meg expanded memory boards may be chosen. If the existing CPU is a 1400-5A, then it must be upgraded or replaced with a -5C to avoid compatibility issues, and V103.5 software should be used for optimal performance (attached to and located on the Fadal CPU).
When adding Fadal's expanded memory to any CPU, make sure to record all parameters before installation because they will need to be re-entered. Afterward, power down the machine and attach the memory board to the CPU and use the following procedure:
CLEAR AND FORMAT THE MEMORY
1. Enter CNC Diagnostics – Enter the command DI then type G0 3000 Select ZERO MEMORY
2. Select Y (to lose all programs) Power Off CNC, wait 10 seconds.
3. Power ON
4. Reinitialize the memory for the CNC format: At ENTER NEXT COMMAND
5. Enter command RI
7. Note: use zero not the letter O
10. (control restarts)
11. AT ENTER NEXT COMMAND
12. Enter SETTO command to set the current tool in the tool turret as number 1
13. Enter BL command and set original blacklash values
14. Enter SETP and set all parameter values to the recorded values from the work sheet in step 1. Press MANUAL to exit parameter menu
15. Power OFF the CNC and restore power after 10 seconds.
TESTING THE MEMORY
- AT ENTER NEXT COMMAND
- Enter DT command - All values should be zero
- Enter the ME command to verify the new memory capacity.
Your Fadal machine is ready to run. Caution needs to be taken since the CNC parameters have been changed and the possibility of incorrectly setting a parameter could affect the machine's operation. It is recommended that you “Dry-Run” the machine and verify correct operation of the machine before machining parts.
|New One Year Warranty Reman 6 Month Warranty
Certified by I-T-S the Original Circuit Board Test and Repair Supplier for Fadal Engineerring since 1992.
For more information on Fadal PCBA's and Circuit Board Repair Click Here